Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Aftermath

A few days ago I received an audio clip that left me shaking my head. A (presumed) reporter went to Harlem interviewing potential voters, asking if they agreed with Obama's policies. The irony was, each policy was actually part of McCain's platform! You guessed it: to a person, they wholeheartedly agreed. It gets worse! When asked, "do you agree with Barack Obama's choice of Sarah Palin as a running mate?", their approval was unanimous.

.... which begs the question: Does anyone else agree that competency (intelligence) tests should be administered before granting someone their voter's registration card? Heck, I'm not aware of any card-carrying driver who didn't have to take a driver's license test! Isn't the future of our nation equally important?

I'll attempt levity a little later. Right now, color me saddened.

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I agree with this post and the one above as well. I say people who don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain don't have enough sense to vote.
    I'm sorry you were disappointed when you went back to my blog and poof the keys were gone. They'll be back next Saturday - hopefully.
    My camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3. This is my third digital camera. I really like this one. I thought the first one I bought took the best pictures, but for some reason the camera just started automatically deleting everything on it. I would take all these good picures, and poof, they were gone. The second one I didn't like as well so I gave it to my niece when I bought the third one.
    Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting my blog.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!