Thursday, October 30, 2008

A long, long time ago when it seemed everybody "Liked Ike", I'd struggle to comprehend our nation's electorate process. Why, I asked my father, didn't the winner get to be President ... and the loser, Vice-President?

'Made sense to a 6-year-old ... and to be perfectly honest, I still don't sense a great degree of difficulty in that childish notion.
Bi-partisanship, indeed!

These days our granddaughters are keenly aware and curious. I thank God for their parents' unbiased counsel. Even so, I was astonished when my son privately confessed, "If Obama wins the White House, I hope that after 4 years I can honestly say, 'My gosh, this is the best President we have ever had!'" (Sheer geographical distances prevented my checking his forehead for a raging fever.)

While it's obvious I disagree, I must keeping reminding myself, we're One Nation, Under God, indivisible .........

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought the runner up in the primaries should get to be the V.P. candidate. If it was that way Hillary would be running with Obama. However, I think that would gave made them unbeatable so I'm glad it's not that way this time. Politics aren't easy to understand. It must really be confusing for a little kid.
    Thanks for the nice comments you made on my blog. It made my day.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!