Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lists!


I love 'em .... really LONG lists!

For instance,


  • 100 Things That Bring Me Joy

  • 100 Things That Turn Me Off

  • 100 Things I Miss

  • 100 Things I'm Glad I've Done

  • 100 Things I'll Never Do Again

.......you get the idea!


In this exercise ~ intended to help one dip into his or her unconscious ~ participants are urged to write quickly, repeat as often as necessary and write whatever comes to mind. Quickly.


While I'm sure that method works well for many people, I prefer to ponder ... to savor each line item. In fact, my own lists were begun more than a year ago and I've yet to reach "100" in any category!


I've heard that most people find it easier to identify their DISlikes vs. those they love. At least in my case, this has proven so .. which is a bit unsettling. I've always considered myself to be generally positive and upbeat.


Still, I wonder if "healthy dislikes" (mother always cautioned me not to se the "hate" word) don't reveal more about a person's true identity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!